S/4 HANA – Customer Vendor Integration
As stated by SAP, it is conceivable to move to SAP S/4 HANA just having the customer/vendor integration (CVI) set up. To guarantee an effective update, all clients and sellers must be changed over to a business partner, together with all contacts identified with clients or vendors.
There are repetitive protest models in the customary ERP framework. Here the vendor master and customer master are utilized. The target approach in SAP S/4 HANA is the Business Partner approach (Customer-Vendor Integration [CVI]).
The transformation of customer and vendor master data into Business Partners (BP) is one of the basic parts of the SAP S/4 HANA migration project. For the greater part of the SAP S/4HANA renditions, it’s required. In this way, it is fundamental that appropriate planning is set up for the Customer/Vendor Integration (CVI) before SAP S/4 HANA is introduced.
4 Steps to Transformation
SAP spread out a fundamental four-stage approach for the change of the clients and merchants to Business Partners.
1. Preparation Phase – Preparation Phase is for the pre-checks, checking, and keeping up customization for Business Partner. This incorporates transformation of pre-checks, enactment of Business Function, the check of CVI and BP usefulness and survey and cleanup of seller information.
2. Synchronization Phase – The mapping of clients and merchants to business partners is confirmed occurs during the Synchronization Phase. This is required to finish the information stack in the accompanying stage and audit any problems that happen.
3. Conversion Phase – In this stage, the confirmed information is stacked. The conversion procedure is activated utilizing the Software Update Manager tool.
4. Post-Processing Phase – The post handling stage incorporates the actuation of post preparing for guiding Business Partner to Customer/Vendor.
CVI Business Impact in S/4 HANA On-Premise
- SAP Business Suite client can move from various start releases to SAP S/4 HANA, on-preface release.
- Just SAP Business Suite client with C/V integration set up can move to SAP S/4 HANA, on-premise edition 1511. Every one of the clients, merchants and their contacts must be changed over to Business Partners (BP).
- BP exchange code is the single purpose of passage to make, alter, and show master data for business partners, clients, and sellers.
- ECC client and seller numbers are as yet utilized as a contribution to those previous ECC exchanges, e.g., VA01, ME21N, or standard reports. In the case that another BP number is allocated to client or merchant, the ECC client or seller number must be utilized in those exchange or reports.
- CVI guarantees that client and seller master data tables are refreshed naturally after a BP is made/changed. All the KNxx and LFxx client/seller master data table are as yet populated as in ECC.
- BAPI for client/merchant creation not calling CVI capacities CVI_EI_INBOUND_MAIN can’t be utilized any longer.
- Retail Business Partner Data and Customer as Consumer are not part of the transformation now.
- Name change from ERP Vendor to S/4 Supplier.
- CVI isn’t required for SAP Simple Finance, On-Premise 1503.
Business Partner Approach
This is the change which will affect all SAP clients experiencing the transformation. In SAP S/4 HANA, business partner master is a solitary purpose of passage and upkeep of clients and merchants. The business partner idea isn’t new and has been around for a moderately prolonged stretch of time. It has been utilized before the landing of S/4 HANA in SAP Business Suite applications, for example, FSCM Credit and Collection administration, CRM SRM or industry solutions.
As the business partner protest offers a few points of interest over client and merchant master records, it was chosen to go for the business partner as a main master data question. A portion of the points of interest incorporates the likelihood of a business partner to act in numerous parts, the likelihood to keep up various locations and connections. In spite of the fact that the choice was made to go ahead with the business partner approach as a key usefulness, it was impractical to dispose of client and seller master data display completely. There is an excessive number of ERP Applications working with customary clients and merchant tables and it was impractical to redevelop them to work with a business partner. Hence, CVI structure is utilized to synchronize information from business partner information into client and seller master data tables. What does the change to business partner mean for an S/4 HANA transformation venture?
The necessity to redesign some of the processes related to the life cycle of customers and vendors
The effort to configure new business partner object and CVI system for synchronization between business partner and clients/merchants.
The effort to migrate data- Existing clients and merchants ought to be repeated into new business partner master data. Before doing that, you have to wash down the client and seller master data. Typically, you ought to likewise include business into that. Every one of these means must be done before establishment S/4 HANA itself.
On the off chance that you have effectively executed one of SAP Business Suite applications utilizing business partner idea, uplifting news: You will spare yourself time and exertion. In this circumstance, the majority of your clients, merchants or both were at that point imitated into business partners and you have your business partner and CVI setup set up. Moreover, your IT and business clients know about the idea also.
The Customer/ Vendor integration is an unpredictable procedure which requires careful execution. SAP has given the essential tools and course for the fruitful change. The complexity of the project relies upon various elements, including the present framework form, the volume of the information, and the number extents utilized for the clients and merchants. The BP is the only way to create the customers and vendors.